Aspen Snowmass ski resort
Aspen is known for its social and cultural influence as much as it is recognized as one of Colorado's finest vacation destinations. From its beginning as a silver-mining camp in the 1800s through the growth of four world-class ski resorts, Aspen Mountain, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk and Snowmass, Aspen has always stood out as one of the world's top mountain destinations.
Whether you like cruising perfectly manicured groomers, coasting through powdery glades or testing your mettle on the backcountry-style, hike-to steeps of Aspen Highland Bowl, Aspen Snowmass delivers it all to every stripe of skier or rider ability and preference. In addition, non skiers or those looking for apres-ski dining, shopping and nightlife will adore the many options in downtown Aspen.
Aspen is also one of the most accessible resort destinations in Colorado.
Aspen is a quick three-hour, 48-minute drive from the Denver International Airport, or just five minutes from the Aspen-Pitkin Regional Airport (ASE).
Research & Plan
Aspen Snowmass Trail Maps
Aspen Snowmass Map
Aspen Snowmass Vacation Packages
If you can see yourself sipping wine in the warm Colorado sun, gazing at Aspen's 14,000-foot peaks and indulging in one of Ski Country's best dining and nightlife scenes, make that vision a reality and book your ski trip to Aspen today. Or maybe it's Snowmass' ski in ski out lodging, massive terrain offerings and family-friendly attractions that tickles your fancy. We're here to help you make the process easy as possible. You can book your entire Aspen Snowmass vacation package, including:
- Lodging. Choose from 122 lodging options. Popular Searches: Discounted Lodging | Luxury | Ski In Ski Out | Pet-Friendly | Hot Tub
- Lift Tickets. Ski.com can save you up to 40% on window prices. Call for lift tickets!
- Flights. We work domestically and internationally with United Airlines, Delta Air Lines, American Airlines, Frontier Airlines, SWISS, Air France, Alitalia, LAN and more.
- Ground Transportation. Options include rental cars with top providers, like Budget, Hertz and Avis, private cars, private shuttles or shared shuttles.
- Snowsports School. We've got beginners to experts covered with award-winning snowsports schools at every destination we work with.
- Equipment Rentals. Pre-arrange your rentals or demos with us. Options include in-store pick-up or delivery service right to where you're staying.
- Activities. Dog sledding, snow tubing, ice skating, Nordic skiing, snowmobiling...the list goes on. We can make it all happen for you.
Aspen Snowmass by the numbers
The Aspen Snowmass "Power of Four" ski resorts offer 5,547 total acres of terrain, eight parks and 336 trails served by 42 lifts. Few destinations can offer such varied terrain and experiences.
Beginner: 10%Intermediate: 43%Advanced: 47%Terrain Parks: 10Longest Run: 5.3 miSkiable Acres: 5,547
Winter Season: Nov. 24 - April 16
- Hours of Operations (MST): 9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Base Elevation: 7,879'
- Summit Elevation: 12,510'
- Lifts: 43
- Trails: 329
- Season dates: Nov. 24, 2016 - April 16, 2017
- Lifts: 21
- Skiable acres: 3,362
- Terrain: 6% easy, 47% intermediate, 47% expert
- Season dates: Nov. 24, 2016 – April 16, 2017
- Lifts: 8
- Skiable acres: 675
- Terrain: 0% easy, 48% intermediate, 52% expert
- Season dates: Dec. 10, 2016 – April 9, 2017
- Lifts: 5
- Skiable acres: 1,040
- Terrain: 18% easy, 30% intermediate, 52% expert
- Season dates: Dec. 10, 2016 – April 2, 2017
- Lifts: 8
- Skiable acres: 470
- Terrain: 35% easy, 29% intermediate 29% expert