Big Sky, Montana lives up to its name, with expansive vistas that stretch out over seemingly endless miles of stunning scenery. Home to soaring mountaintops and bountiful powder, Montana offers limitless chances for exploration and fun in the wintertime. Big Sky recently combined with Moonlight Basin resort making it the second-largest skiing area in the U.S., just behind Park City Mountain Resort, with more than 5,500 ski-able acres. Massive terrain topped with an average over 400 inches of annual snowfall makes for epic skiing. The resort’s terrain offers long, winding groomers, steep chutes, powder-filled bowls, and diverse back country terrain. Escape city life for Montana’s Big Sky country.
- Big Sky Big Grass Festival is a three day celebration of live music, February 6-9th
- Watch the 4th Annual Ski Jouring Competition followed by a free concert at the Banquet Hall, February 1-2nd
- Tube Park: perfect for the whole family
- Snowshow tours: a great way to explore the side terrain
- Nordic skiing: a fun way to burn the extra vacation calories!
- Ice climbing: for the adventurous visitor Big Sky has epic climbing in Gallatin Canyon
- Snowmobile tours: take a spin on a snowmobile through the Buck Creek Range.
- Sleigh rides: couples or families will enjoy this ride
The Mountain Reservations Team