Kirkwood Mountain Resort is synonymous with deep powder skiing and riding. With an annual snowfall of over 600 inches, it’s easy to see why. The resort has a unique geographical setting atop the Sierra Crest that creates the lightest and driest powder in the Lake Tahoe area. The intimate mountain village setting, along with over 2,300 acres skiable of terrain, provides guests a perfect backdrop for a memorable getaway.
If you’re looking for more than standard resort skiing, Kirkwood offers cross country ski clinics, snowshoe treks, and ski competitions. There are also snow cat tours, dog sledding, and don’t forget to try the tubing hill.
After an exhilarating day on the slopes, have dinner at one of the many fine dining establishments. There are many options to choose from, with some locations offering outdoor seating, weather permitting. So whether you’re looking to feed the whole crew after a day on the slopes, or a romantic evening with someone special, you will be satisfied at Kirkwood Mountain Resort. Kirkwood Mountain Resort features include:
Find lodging for Kirkwood
- 2,300 acres of skiable terrain
- 15 lifts including two high-speed quads, one quad, six triples, one double, and four surface lifts
- 65 trails rated 15% beginner, 50% intermediate, 20% advanced, and 15% expert
- 500 inches of snowfall each year
- 2,000 feet of vertical descent