Panoramic views of Lake Tahoe make skiing at Mt Rose truly rewarding. One of the rewards is descending into 1,200 acres of some of the best powder in the Sierras. Or try descending nearly 1,800 vertical feet in 3.5 minutes. The recent opening of The Chutes has added a whole new terrain for skiing. Find yourself skiing one of Tahoe’s best kept secrets.
The pride of Mt. Rose is the myriad of chutes in the heart of the resort. This series of double-black diamond runs cuts in between Mt. Rose and Slide Bowl and offers a dramatic challenge for even the most advanced skiers and snowboarders. There are also three terrain parks that offer a variety of ramps, rails, and park features that are fun and enticing for riders of all abilities.
Mt. Rose is conveniently located just 25 minutes south of Reno, making it accessible and the perfect jumping off point for a resort-hopping excursion.
Mt. Rose Resort features include:
- Elevation: Summit – 9,700 feet / Base – 7,900 feet
- Eight lifts including two quad chairs, two triple chairs and two surface lifts
- 60 trails rated 20% beginner, 30% intermediate, 40% advanced, 10% expert
- 400 inches of annual snowfall
- 1,800 feet of vertical descent