Aspen Snowmass ski resort
Aspen is known for its social and cultural influence as much as it is recognized as one of Colorado's finest vacation destinations. From its beginning as a silver-mining camp in the 1800s through the growth of four world-class ski resorts, Aspen Mountain, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk and Snowmass, Aspen has always stood out as one of the world's top mountain destinations.
Whether you like cruising perfectly manicured groomers, coasting through powdery glades or testing your mettle on the backcountry-style, hike-to steeps of Aspen Highland Bowl, Aspen Snowmass delivers it all to every stripe of skier or rider ability and preference. In addition, non skiers or those looking for apres-ski dining, shopping and nightlife will adore the many options in downtown Aspen.
Aspen is also one of the most accessible resort destinations in Colorado.
Aspen is a quick three-hour, 48-minute drive from the Denver International Airport, or just five minutes from the Aspen-Pitkin Regional Airport (ASE).
Research & Plan
Aspen Snowmass Trail Maps
Aspen Snowmass Map
Aspen Snowmass by the numbers
The Aspen Snowmass "Power of Four" ski resorts offer 5,547 total acres of terrain, eight parks and 336 trails served by 42 lifts. Few destinations can offer such varied terrain and experiences.
Beginner: 10%Intermediate: 43%Advanced: 47%Terrain Parks: 10Longest Run: 5.3 miSkiable Acres: 5,547
Winter Season: Nov. 24 - April 16
- Hours of Operations (MST): 9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Base Elevation: 7,879'
- Summit Elevation: 12,510'
- Lifts: 43
- Trails: 329
- Season dates: Nov. 24, 2016 - April 16, 2017
- Lifts: 21
- Skiable acres: 3,362
- Terrain: 6% easy, 47% intermediate, 47% expert
- Season dates: Nov. 24, 2016 – April 16, 2017
- Lifts: 8
- Skiable acres: 675
- Terrain: 0% easy, 48% intermediate, 52% expert
- Season dates: Dec. 10, 2016 – April 9, 2017
- Lifts: 5
- Skiable acres: 1,040
- Terrain: 18% easy, 30% intermediate, 52% expert
- Season dates: Dec. 10, 2016 – April 2, 2017
- Lifts: 8
- Skiable acres: 470
- Terrain: 35% easy, 29% intermediate 29% expert